For some, the headline for this page is surprising because it may not appear to embrace the essence of hospitality. We did this on purpose to compel you to read on and learn with clarity and honesty what Bucuti & Tara is all about. We have found that when expectations are clear and met, we have happy guests and therefore we will tell you with stark honesty, who we are and who we are not.
Many resorts try to offer something for everyone and combine families, honeymoons, singles and groups together. We have decided to be the very best for couples on a romantic getaway or a wellness vacation. We deliver a uniquely adults-only, tranquil and natural environment in Aruba with laidback luxury. If you seek a romantic Caribbean experience to relax, recharge, and reconnect in a serene environment, you will find it in our boutique resort.
To give you a better sense of who we are,... here are some of the things that we are not:
- We are not for groups or families with children. Bucuti is the only small beach resort in Aruba exclusively catering to adults and couples, 18 years of age and older. It is a perfect choice for a serene vacation. Some resorts offer a small part of their facilities for adults only, where we are completely adults-only. We are not a good choice for groups of any size. Our restaurant has one table available for six but normally we do not take reservations for more than four persons at any time. We stopped reserving for weddings over four persons due that our customers prefer an atmosphere that is quiet, tranquil, natural and beautiful and groups tend to enjoy a more active, verbal and jovial atmosphere which can be in conflict. To maximize your comfort as well as your fellow guests, we will not accept a reservation for more than two rooms, with two people per room.
- We do not have room service. We do offer a grocery shopping service to have food and drink items in your room upon arrival or during your stay. With two restaurants in our resorts and 18 restaurants within walking distance, you have abundant options nearby and breakfast is included in all rates in our outdoor beachfront Elements restaurant or our Tara Lounge adjacent to the Tara Wing lobby.
- We are not an all-inclusive resort. Aruba offers many culinary treasures and we have no intention of robbing you of the freedom to enjoy as many of them as you wish by forcing you or encouraging you into an all-inclusive environment. We do, however, have outstanding dining options. A complimentary full American breakfast is available daily, featuring cooked-to-order eggs and omelets, pastries, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and more. And for those who wish to pre-arrange or pre-pay lunch and dinner dining options, our Dine Around Plan allows guests to explore Aruba’s cuisine with 3-course dinners at a selection of island restaurants.
- We are not for the non-committal. We are very strict with our cancel policies and do not refund within the penalty period under any circumstances due that we have high demand for our rooms, we fill in advance and therefore turn down business to hold guest reservations. Also, due to our island location where everyone must take a flight to travel to, bookings within 30 days are difficult to fill, therefore we have a 30 day penalty period. We strongly recommend travel insurance: Here are a few widely used companies: Travel insurance is always a good idea: Squaremouth, InsureMyTrip, TripMate and WorldNomads.
- We do not have plastic water bottles in your room. We do offer top quality stainless water canteens in your room as our gift for you to keep and to refill with Aruba's delicious, pure after from water filling stations or from the tap. Aruba is known to have very pure and delicious water from their island desalination system. We do not contribute to Aruba's landfill by providing disposable plastic.
- We do not accept cash. Our guests can easily manage their accounts by signing charges to their room or paying by credit or debit card. We are not able to make change at the resort. An ATM machine is available at the nearby casino, if needed.
- We are proudly, a four diamond / star resort. While we have the highest rating in Aruba on TripAdvisor, with a 5 Bubble rating, this relates to customer satisfaction for our four star resort. We are not a five star resort which would offer a different type of luxury, room service and a few other five-star amenities.
- At our SandBar, every hour is happy hour. We exclusively serve our guests and are not open to the public. Our beach bar, SandBar, is exclusive to and only open to resort guests. This means no outside crowds compete for space and service. We are focused on our guests only and are committed to serving you well. Every hour is happy hour and while we do not offer discounted prices at the Sand Bar, we offer friendly, engaged bartenders who create a joyful atmosphere and live guitar or steel pan music from 5-7pm and 9-10pm
- Our lowest airconditioning temperature setting is 69 degrees. We prevent mold and mildew, we use three methods: We prevent condensation in the walls and fabrics by ensuring that we do not have dramatic temperature differences between rooms. A very cold room next to a warm room would result in condensation and the growth of mold and mildew. We also have a dehumidifier in each room and we have an air purifier. This formula has resulted in clean, fresh rooms safe of mold and mildew. If you desire a room less than 69 degrees, we may not be the hotel for you.
- We are not for smokers. Smoking cigarettes and e-cigarettes is only permitted in three designated areas. Smoking is not allowed in rooms, on balconies and patios, or in public areas such as the restaurant, beach and beach bar. Smoking of cigars is not allowed anywhere in the resort premises. This policy aligns with our environmental practices and offers a healthy space for guests on their romantic and wellness vacations.
- We welcome small pets. You may see a small dog or cat in the resort. While it is rare, a guest may bring along their small pet. We have strict rules around pet behavior (see our FAQ's) which must be met to remain in the resort and we have a special enhanced cleaning protocol for any room that has a pet in residence after check out.
- We do not have bathtubs but due to guest preferences, we have new, modern ’rain’ showers. Our Penthouse suites have both a rain shower and a big soaking tub.
- We are not for groups or group weddings. Bucuti is designed for people seeking serenity and romance, and we proactively cultivate an atmosphere that lets peace and relaxation come naturally. We minimize distractions by focusing on our individual guests and not accepting group bookings or hosting weddings or private events. While we can accommodate a wedding on the beach with a maximum of four people, we have no meeting rooms or banqueting service and do not host groups.
- We are not a nightlife and entertainment resort destination. In consideration for all of our guests, individual speakers are not allowed at our pool or beach. Headphones are available to guests who wish to enjoy music on their personal devices. For entertainment, we offer music at our beach bar during happy hour and a free movie under the stars twice a week for romantic dates. These activities are ideal for couples and/or friends seeking a tranquil setting to enjoy the sound of the ocean and the breeze through the palms, to relax and enjoy one another.
- Our Whirlpool is solar heated and is not steaming hot.
- We do not have price discounts and rate fluctuations. We strive to maintain consistently high service standards and extraordinary surroundings and we have been able to set and maintain one rate per room, per season for all, without specials or discounts. We offer fair, seasonal rates that include a full American breakfast daily, all taxes and fees, and WiFi. We do not offer discounts or promotions.
- We restrict the use of drones. The use of drones is restricted on and around our property to protect the tranquility, security, and privacy for our guests, unless authorized by senior management.