For some, the headline for this page is surprising because it may not appear to embrace the essence of hospitality. We did this on purpose to compel you to read on and learn with clarity and honesty what Bucuti & Tara is all about. We have found that when expectations are clear and met, we have happy guests and therefore, we will tell you with stark honesty, who we are and who we are not.
Many resorts try to offer something for everyone and combine families, honeymoons, singles and groups together. We have decided to be the very best for couples on a romantic getaway or a wellness vacation. We deliver a uniquely adults-only, tranquil and natural environment in Aruba with laidback luxury. If you seek a romantic Caribbean experience to relax, recharge, and reconnect in a serene environment, you will find it in our boutique resort.
To give you a better sense of who we are,... here are some of the things that we are not:
- We are not for groups or families with children. Bucuti is the only small beach resort in Aruba exclusively catering to adults and couples 18 years of age and older. We are a perfect choice for a serene vacation. Some resorts offer a small part of their facilities for adults only, whereas we are completely adults-only. We are not a good choice for groups of any size. Our restaurant has one table available for six but normally we do not take reservations for more than four persons at any time. We stopped reserving for weddings over four persons. To maximize your comfort and your fellow guests, we will not accept a reservation for more than two rooms, with two people per room.
- We do not have room service. We do offer a grocery shopping service to have food and drink items in your room upon arrival or during your stay. With two restaurants in our resorts and 18 restaurants within walking distance, you have abundant options nearby and breakfast is included in all rates in our outdoor beachfront Elements restaurant or our Tara Lounge adjacent to the Tara Wing lobby.
- We are not an all-inclusive resort. Aruba offers many culinary treasures. We encourage you to explore and enjoy as many as you can. Bucuti & Tara has outstanding dining options. A complimentary full American breakfast is available daily, featuring cooked-to-order eggs and omelets, pastries, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and more. And for those who wish to pre-arrange or pre-pay lunch and dinner dining options, our Dine Around Plan allows guests to explore Aruba’s cuisine with 3-course dinners at a selection of island restaurants.
- We are not for the non-committal. We are very strict with our cancel policies and do not refund within the penalty period under any circumstances due that we have high demand for our rooms, we fill in advance and therefore turn down business to hold guest reservations. Also, due to our island location where everyone must take a flight to travel to, bookings within 30 days are difficult to fill, therefore we have a 30 day penalty period. We strongly recommend travel insurance: Here are a few widely used companies: Travel insurance is always a good idea: Squaremouth, InsureMyTrip, TripMate and WorldNomads.
- We do not have plastic water bottles in your room. We do offer top-quality stainless water canteens which will be present in your room upon check-in as our gift for you to keep. You can refill your canteen during your visit with Aruba's delicious, pure water from one of our water-filling stations or from the tap. Aruba is known to have delicious water which is purified and processed by our island desalination system. We do not contribute to Aruba's landfill by providing disposable plastic.
- We do not accept cash. Our guests can easily manage their accounts by signing charges to their room or by paying with a credit or debit card. We are not able to make change at the resort. An ATM machine is available at the nearby casino, if needed.
- We are proudly, a four diamond / star resort. While we have the highest rating in Aruba on TripAdvisor, with a 5 Bubble rating, this relates to customer satisfaction for our four star resort. We are not a five star resort that would offer a different type of luxury, room service and a few other five-star amenities.
- At our SandBar, every hour is happy hour. We exclusively serve our guests and are not open to the public. Our beach bar, SandBar, is exclusive to and only open to resort guests. This means no outside crowds compete for space and service. We are focused on our guests only and are committed to serving you well. Every hour is happy hour and while we do not offer discounted prices at the Sand Bar, we offer friendly, engaged bartenders who create a joyful atmosphere. Live guitar or steel pan music is played from 5-7pm and 9-10pm
- We are fierce protectors ofthe peaceful ambiance for all of our guests, therefore we do not permit music to be played at your beach chair without headphones. This policy is a result of the demands of our guests over the years and ensures that everyone can bask in the soothing sounds of nature and the gentle lapping of the waves without disturbance. Furthermore, we kindly ask guests to refrain from phone conversations within earshot of others while on the beach or in public areas. We believe in the power of peaceful surroundings to help you relax and rejuvenate.
- Our lowest airconditioning temperature setting is 69 degrees. We prevent mold and mildew in your guest rooms by preventing moisture and condensation. Condensation in the walls and fabrics can occur when there are dramatic temperature differences between rooms. A very cold room next to a warm room would result in condensation and the growth of mold and mildew therefore we employ temperature controls. We have a dehumidifier in each room, and we have a HEPA air purifier. This formula has resulted in clean, fresh rooms safe of mold and mildew. If you desire a room less than 69 degrees, we may not be the hotel for you.
- We will not reserve on-island activities that are harmful to Aruba. With Aruba's future generations of residents and tourists in mind, we only will recommend and reserve activities that are safe and friendly to our environment, flora, and fauna. ATV and UTV rentals have been known to drive over nesting terns and burrowing owls, travel off-road and kill plantlife and therefore we do not facilitate or recommend them as activities. Some motorized watersports such as jetskis have also been known to be dangerous, lack controls and leave oils and fuels in the water. We do recommend some of the amazing hiking, mountain biking or on-road, sustainably and responsibly managed activities and we are happy to give you information and facilitate booking those.
- We are not for smokers. Smoking cigarettes and e-cigarettes is only permitted in three designated areas. Smoking is not allowed in rooms, on balconies and patios, or in public areas such as the restaurant, beach and beach bar. Smoking of cigars is not allowed anywhere in the resort premises. This policy aligns with our environmental practices and offers a healthy space for guests on their romantic and wellness vacations.
- We welcome small pets. You may see a small dog or cat in the resort. While it is rare, a guest may bring along their small pet. We have strict rules around pet behavior (see our FAQ's) which must be observed to remain in the resort. An enhanced cleaning protocol is activated for any room with a pet in residence after check out.
- We do not have bathtubs but due to guest preferences, we have new, modern ’rain’ showers. Our Penthouse suites have both a rain shower and a big soaking tub.
- We are not for groups or group weddings. Bucuti is designed for people seeking serenity and romance, and we proactively cultivate an atmosphere that lets peace and relaxation come naturally. We minimize distractions by focusing on our individual guests and not accepting group bookings or hosting weddings or private events. While we can accommodate a wedding on the beach with a maximum of four people, we have no meeting rooms or banqueting service and do not host groups.
- We are not a nightlife and entertainment resort destination. In consideration for all of our guests, individual speakers are not allowed at our pool or beach. Headphones are available to guests who wish to enjoy music on their personal devices. For entertainment, we offer music at our beach bar and a free movie under the stars twice a week for romantic dates. These activities are ideal for couples and/or friends seeking a tranquil setting to enjoy the sound of the ocean and the breeze through the palms, to relax and enjoy one another.
- Our Whirlpool is solar-heated and is not steaming hot.
- We do not charge resort fees or any other surprise fees. We do not have price discounts and rate fluctuations. You do not have to shop for the best rate at our resort because the same rate is offered everywhere. We strive to maintain consistently high service standards and extraordinary surroundings and have set and maintained one rate per room, per season for all, without specials or discounts. We offer fair, seasonal rates that include a full American breakfast daily, all taxes and fees, and WiFi. We do not offer discounts or promotions.
- We restrict the use of drones. The use of drones is restricted on and around our property to protect the tranquility, security, and privacy for our guests, unless authorized by senior management.