- Resort Info
- Photos & Videos
What We Do
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Commitment to Environment
To view Bucuti's Public Sustainability Report, please click here.
Current LEED applicant.
- LED bulbs across the property
- Motion sensor lights in public areas
- Timers on lights in office and some public areas
- Eco sensors in rooms to increase temperature when room is empty
- VRF energy saving cooling technology in rooms, fitness center and Elements
- Load Dryers to full capacity before use
- Solar heated water
- Energy saving equipment and appliances
- Track consumption of electricity
- Insulated windows
- Load washing machines to full capacity before use
- Water saving faucets
- Water saving toilets
- Grey water used for irrigation in garden
- Changing of bed linens only on Wednesday and Saturday and on request or check out
- Sprinklers are on timers which are adjusted depending on amount of rainfall. We also collect rain water and use it for irrigation.
- Towels changed only if found on floor or in tub and at check out
- Use of paper filters for pool filtration - 1/10 of the water used with back washing
- Track water use
- Monthly Beach Clean Ups with guests and employees
- Farmed wood
- Outdoor deck made of recycled materials
- Use of eco-friendly cleaning products
- Discourage guest activities that are harmful to the environment
- Turtle nesting areas on the beach marked with appropriate signage (when necessary)
- Reduce lights at night during turtle nesting season
REUSE, REDUCE, RECYCLE
- Water canteens and water coolers for guests to discourage purchase of plastic bottles
- Electronic signature at check-in instead of paper
- Recycling bins for aluminum and green glass
- Left-over food donated to local farmers
- Old furniture is reused or sold for refurbishment
- Purchase products in bulk
- Dispensers for toiletries rather than individual packaging
- Welcome signs made of used boxes
- Print paper on both sides
- Paperless communication and record keeping
- Floor covering in Fitness Center is made of recycled tires
- Fitness Center towels made out of old beach towels
- Laundry bags made of old sheets
- Reuse keycards
- Reuse breads from breakfast to make croutons and bread pudding
- No disposable items used (forks, knives, spoons, plates, cups etc.)
- Newspapers on request only
- Lawn clippings are composted and used in gardening
- No disposable paper fliers to describe island activities at concierge desks or in rooms (electronic signs or laminated/reusable signs only).
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Water Safety devices
- Grease traps to avoid contaminating grey water supply
- Food safety practices (HACCP)
- Berson Inline UV lights installed on all water supply lines which combine a wide spectrum of useful UV wave lengths with a very high energy output. This combination causes total and permanent deactivation of micro-organism, avoiding photo reactivation.
- UV system for grey water system
- Air Purifier and Dehumidifier in rooms
- HACCP colored cutting boards,
- HACCP temperature controls of food and coolers to maintain safety
- Annual testing for Legionella; water circulation monitored weekly so that water does not stand for more than 10 days.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products
- Use of least harmful coolant gas possible
- Outside Contractors agreements ensure their adherence to our Environmental and Safety Policy while working
- All F&B staff are HACCP compliant and have government health certificate
- Locally made toiletries (Aruba Aloe)
- Local artwork
- Do not offer all-inclusive program, encouraging guests to experience local restaurants
- Concierges recommend local cultural activities and nature hikes
- Donate to several local non-profits, including Animal Rights Aruba, Donkey Sanctuary, and Imeldahof orphanage.
- Eco tours on property for schools.
- Presentations at regional conferences about best practices
- Eco tours for employees
- Green Team with each department represented
- Sponsor environmental Public Service Announcements.
- Green channel on in-room TV featuring our green practices
- Member of AHATA Environmental Committee
- Support introduction of law to ban plastic bags on island.
- Support Dog Law to reduce problem of stray dogs.
- Recycling contest – artworks made of recycled materials - annually
- Carbon offset program offered on our website